Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 Top Ten list

Mama Kat at http://mamakatslosinit.blogspot.com/ put out a prompt and I picked my 2008 top ten list of what I did. Here goes:
1) I was nicer in 2008! LOL That was one of my '08 resolutions and I know I broke it very early. But I do recall several times where I held my tongue. Yeah me!
2) I was able to survive the 6 1/2 weeks that my daughter was gone to camp. It was rough but good practice for when she leaves for college (or so she tells me).
3) Renewed my relationship with my husband (thanks to the 6 1/2 weeks DD was at camp).
4) Reunited with my BFF from High School thanks to facebook. Hopefully we will get together a lot in 2009.
5) Reunited with my aunt whom I had not seen in probably 20 years. My father came from a really large family and most of them have passed away. My father passed away 16 years ago and during that time, I lost all contact with his family. My aunt did a lot of searching and found us this summer. It has been awesome reconnecting with her and getting to know my cousins. I have also gotten to hear a lot of stories about my father.
6) Started my first quilt. I took a class this summer (also thanks to DD being gone for so long). I have not completed it so I guess that will go on my '09 resolution list.
7) Made several gifts this year instead of buying them.
8) Read a book or two including The Shack. My reading was also down from years past but I do have a huge to be read pile waiting on me. It is so hard to fit in all of my hobbies.
9) Had my wisdom teeth removed. A lot of pain and a lot of pain meds - enough said.
10) Participated in several swaps - mostly apron swaps. So much fun!

Now to sit down and work on that '09 resolution list.
Best wishes to everyone for a Wonderful New Year!

2 comments:

pam said...

It sounds like you a good year, well, except for the wisdom teeth!

KatBouska said...

Apron swaps?? Aprons are my new favorite things! Love them.

And isn't is a shame that as much as we love our kids they sure put a wrench in the marriage relationship at times. It's hard!