Monday, November 14, 2011

Secret Santa Swap



I have joined Shawnee's Secret Santa Swap at flirtyapronswap.blogspot.com
Here are my Swap Quentionnaire answers:

1. What are your hobbies? I sew, quilt some, and do some papercrafting such as scrapbooking and card making. I also read. And this past summer, I also did some mountain biking.

2. What are your favorite colors? RED! I like black and red or red and green (for Christmas). I actually like deeper shades of red and green as well as the Christmas shades. I also like pink and brown.

3. Do you collect anything? I have quite a collection of fabric but I wouldn't say that I collect it. LOL I do like aprons and coffee mugs. I also love cookbooks.

4. Are you allergic to any fibers or animals? I am allergic to cats but I have one so I stay medicated.

5. Do you have any pets? We have 3 pets. Our baby is a (rather large) 2 year old toy poodle. His name is Bueller. Our cat is black with white paws. She is about 8 years old and is named Boots. We also have guinea pig, Nester who is about a year old. They are all spoiled rotten.

6. Coffee, Tea, or Chocolate? All of the above! I love flavored coffees especially ones that are around at Christmas. I prefer whole bean so I can grind myself to use in the French Press. I also have a Keurig and love the K-cups. Mocha nut fudge is my favorite. I drink a lot of tea mostly herbal and green. I really don't like black tea and like green fruit blends such as Blueberry Green tea. I love all chocolate (hot or cold) especially dark.

7. What do you like to read? Anything. I read alot of quilting books and magazines. I also read fitness magazines. I read current fiction. Some of my favorite authors include Debbie Macomber, Nicholas Sparks, and James Patterson.

8. Do you prefer Cookies or Candies as a sweet? I love cookies but have tried hard to break the habit in order to watch my weight. I also love candy especially dark chocolate. I like peppermint candy canes, Andes mints, and peanut butter cups, pretzel and peanut M&M's.

9. What is your favorite holiday treat? Cookies and fudge. I like making cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning. Chai tea lattes remind me of Chritmas.

10. Describe your favorite holiday tradition. Making cookies and putting up the tree.

11. Did you believe in Santa as a child? I still do!

12. When do you open presents? We open one on Christmas Eve and the rest Christmas morning.

13. Do you put up a tree and when? If not, how do you celebrate? We do put up a tree. We put on up usually after Thanksgiving or the beginning of December. Often we travel for Thanksgiving and so its usually the following weekend.

14. Does your tree have a theme? Not really. Some homemade. Some received as gifts. But just about every ornament has a memory or story behind it.

15. What has been your favorite gift to give? To receive? My favorite gift that I EVER received was my Baby Girl, Courtney Jo, that was born on December 25, 1995. That's right, she was born on Christmas Day. She will be 16 this year and is the greatest gift that I have ever received.
I can't think of what my favorite gift to give was. I enjoy making gifts such as quilts or even as simple as a pair of flannel pj's. I just know I LOVE finding that perfect gift for Courtney or my husband, Cliff and seeing the happiness when they receive it. For example, several years ago, Courtney had wanted an American Girl but didn't think she would get one because they are so expensive. I received so much pleasure seeing her so happy when she opened the doll Christmas morning.

I hope that helps you learn a little more about me.
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Shawnee said...

Well, look at you! Thanks for posting your badge and questionnaire. Can't wait to see what you create.